Future Erie Cattaraugus Rail Trail:
- 27.6 miles of the Buffalo & Pittsburgh Railroad right-of-way
- The line begins in Orchard Park in Erie County and ends in the Town of Ashford in Cattaraugus County
- It connects seven communities, two ski areas and travels through some of the most spectacular countryside in all of Western New York.
Recreation and opportunities to use the trail for walking, hiking, jogging, bicycling, horseback riding, nature observation, snow shoeing, cross country skiing, or snowmobiling.
Studies of similar trails have shown that they improve the health and general well-being of citizens in neighboring communities, promote positive economic growth and can increase values of property along the corridor.
Rail Trail Fact Sheets and Studies
- Trail Benefits
- Trail Safety
- Economic Benefits from Trails
- National Park Service: Trail Development and Studies
- Trail Analysis of PA Oil Heritage Region Trails
- Pennsylvania Allegheny Trail Alliance Trail User Study
Erie Cattaraugus Rail Trail Presentation
Erie Cattaraugus Rail Trail, Inc. is comprised of a diverse group of professionals from many communities along the proposed corridor.
We still have lots of work to be done! We're looking for individuals and organizations that would enjoy using the trail in the future to contribute their time and talents!
If you would like to volunteer your time and support please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org